Links

Thursday 10 May 2012

Dressing up- your internship

We’ve said time and time again how difficult it is to get a job (No, I still don’t have one) but it is almost as difficult to offer your services for free (Yes, really) in the form of an internship. 

I’m sure many people have had similar experiences since leaving university and I am currently on my fourth internship since last September, these days I am writing about the oh-so glamorous world of caravanning. Vogue- it is not- but nevertheless I am writing everyday and learning how publications work so no complaints here.

My, rather rambling, point is this; any experience is good experience and something to add to that CV so try not to be too picky. Smaller companies generally give you plenty to do and actually publish your work and they most certainly do not make you put flyers on cars (Sunday Times I am looking at you). 

So what are you waiting for? Get out in to the world of aspiring writers/lawyers/teachers/stylists and offer your services for the cost of a travelcard. 
Enjoy!


Maeve x 


The Beach Hut Caravan Company

No comments:

Post a Comment