Links

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Accessorising your CV

Over the past few months I have learnt that although it's important to kick start your career, it's also vital that you have a life whilst doing so. 

I have made my very own 'bucket list' i.e. everything I would like to do before I die. It includes the standard seeing the world, skydiving, going on an archaeological dig and living abroad in another country for a while. For most of us merely writing the list is adventurous (and tiring!) enough but for the few that actually take the risk and leave their lives behind to travel, I salute you. 

You may be passionate and hard working at work but guess what? Employer's like their employees to have full social lives too. 

I have decided to go skydiving in May to raise money for a good cause, my old University's Law Clinic needs a new building and mooting chamber. I am extremely scared but I am also excited to be focussing on something that isn't career related but will hopefully be one of the best moments of my life. 

And the small cherry that comes on top of the very tasty cake? It looks great on your CV; it accessorises your academic and professional achievements with a fun aspect of your life and something to discuss with both clients and future employers.

So the moral of this post is to just do everything that you want to do, whether that is jumping off a mountain top or learning to drive, it's important to keep your life balanced.  So remember... 



Never wear a killer dress...



without accessorising ...

No comments:

Post a Comment